St Eval Candles, Diffusers and Soaps, the home of beautiful quality candles. Handmade in Cornwall.
We are delighted to have a wonderful collection of candles, diffusers and soaps from St Eval, Cornwall, now in our Vintage Boutique for you to buy, for yourself or a perfect gift for someone special!
So, why not pop by and see our lovely collection of fabulous candles, diffusers and soaps, from St Eval.
St Eval candles are unique with scents inspired by their Cornish roots and earthy designs that make a home complete.
Whether you yearn for dancing light around your dinner table or a scented, natural flame to make bath-time that bit more special, you will find a candle, diffuser or soap right here in our Boutique for sale.
St Eval are now proudly making beautiful soaps too which we are delighted to stock in our Vintage Boutique .
Take a little look around their fabulous business on this short video clip It is really interesting!
There are some really handy hints to keep your candles in tip top condition too:
- Wax has its own memory and therefore when you first burn a candle it is important to ensure that a liquid pool of wax completely covers the top of the candle, effectively up to the edge, if you have a pot or tin. If this does not happen, the next time that you burn it, it will only burn to the point where it was extinguished. We generally recommend around 3-4 hours burn time.
- If you have a multi wick you need to ensure that all three wicks burn until there is a complete pool of melted wax around all of them together rather than individual burns. As it continues to burn it will eventually burn as a single burning pool with around a centimetre surrounding it and the sides should then gradually curly inwards on burning.
- Before lighting, ensure that the wick is not too long and that it is trimmed sufficiently and clean.
- Ensure that the candle is not near any other heat sources or draughts since this can affect the speed at which a candle can burn and if it burns too quickly this can cause the wick to topple and drown in the wax or in some circumstances pull the wick to one side and concentrate the heat at one side causing this to droop outwards and collapse.
- Ensure that when lighting, no items drop into the candle, such as the carbon from the match or indeed that the candle remains clean and dust free. Additional particles can act as a secondary wick causing the candle to burn hotter and quicker.
- Finally, ensure that the candle is placed on a heat resistant surface and never leave it unattended.
We look forward to seeing you in our Vintage Boutique very soon!
For more information regarding St Eval, pop over to their website http://www.stevalcandlecompany.co.uk